NY Bee Wellness Events and other Programs: Contact info at nybeewellness.org for info or to add content
- * May 20 The Western New York Honey Producers Association is honored to sponsor and announce that the internationally recognized, honeybee expert and editor of Bee Culture magazine, Kim Flottum will be speaking on Saturday May 20, 2017 on the topic of “10 Rules of Modern Beekeeping”. The presentation will start at 9am at Baker Memorial United Methodist Church in East Aurora, NY. More details at www.wnyhpa.org__
* July 7-9, NY Bee Wellness Workshop- Honeybee Disease & Management
When: July 7-9, 2017
Where: Morrisville State College, Morrisville NY (Madison County)
Featured instructors: Medhat Nasr, PhD, Alberta Canada, Jennifer Tsuruda PhD, Clemson University
3 options to attend:
1) Friday, July 7, 7-9pm session, Medhat Nasr, PhD presentation; open to all, General Admission, 20.00
2) Saturday, July 8, 9-5pm, Lecture and Demo, open to all, General Admission, 50.00
3) Special 2 day Session- Sunday and Saturday, July 9 is the field and lab session, 9-5pm Workshop, enrollment limited to 24 participants; participants must meet rquirements and also attend the Saturday session,150.00, add Friday evening (20.00 extra) for the full 3 day event.Eventbrite registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ny-bee-wellness-workshop-honeybee-disease-management-tickets-33005508364
This award winning program concentrates on the skills needed to address honey bee disease and management.
Alberta Canada provincial apiculturist Medhat Nasr was received the Roger A. Morse Outstanding Teaching/Extension Service/Regulatory Award.He has over two decades of research, teaching and extension work with the Ontario Beekeepers’ Association, Rutgers University, and, for the past 15 years, in Alberta. Developed both the Bee Health App, and the Varroa alcohol wash shaker jar.
More details TBA
Questions?, contact Pat Bono: firstname.lastname@example.org